Get ready for Data Privacy Day January 28 2015
How much attention do you pay to Data Privacy?
What are the rules you follow at home and at work?
What are the risks associated with everyday behaviors?
Take the poll on the right!
What Causes Security Breaches
STOP THINK CONNECT
Protect Yourself with these STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Tips:
- Keep a Clean Machine: Having the latest security software, web browser, and operating system are the best defenses against viruses, malware, and other online threats.
- When in doubt, throw it out: Links in email, tweets, posts, and online advertising are often the way cybercriminals compromise your computer. If it looks suspicious, even if you know the source, it’s best to delete or if appropriate, mark as junk email.
- Protect all devices that connect to the Internet: Along with computers, smart phones, gaming systems, and other web-enabled devices also need protection from viruses and malware.
- Plug & scan: “USBs” and other external devices can be infected by viruses and malware. Use your security software to scan them.
– See more at: http://www.staysafeonline.org/stay-safe-online/keep-a-clean-machine/malware-and-botnets#sthash.g0oGNhCm.dpuf
31% of security breaches are caused by inadvertant human behavior.
58% of large organizations suffered staff related security breaches.