We have been watching, monitoring and blocking bad guys for quite a while now and while the threats increase we still see people doing the dumbest things at their own desk!
- Do you know that firefox can show your passwords in plain text?
- Do you know that Filezilla stores your passwords in plain text?
- Do you know that FTP is NOT a secure transfer medium?
- Do you know who wrote the plugins on your site?
- Do you know the sender of every email you open?
- Is all of the software on your computer up to date?
- Is your virus protection up to date and working?
I understand that time is money and we all have way too many things to remember, but if your bank account or your computer were hacked or if your identity were stolen all of the little moments you saved are not is some “rollover minutes” plan for rebuilding your digital and financial world.
Make your passwords safe and sane!!! Figure out your own map for making them unguessable by BOTH a machine or a clever person!